Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Ms. Right or Ms. Right-now?

Call me old fashioned, call me sappy, call me traditional... When I like a girl, I do not think "I wonder if she is good in bed," instead I wonder "Is she the one I will spend my life with?" I was speaking with a friend earlier tonight. He is in High School and has just started dating a girl that he likes. He made the comment that he didn't think it would last that long, and that he was just happy dating for as long as it lasted. I see the trend becomming more and more prevalent. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I am the one that is different, but I view dating as a means to find Ms. Right, not Ms. Right-now. I am sure that this is due mainly to my faith: I am not looking for one night stands since I am saving myself for marriage. Of course, many of my friends view me as "missing out" on what college is "supposed to be," but you know what? I am happy where I am. Sometimes I worry that I am running out of time for finding Ms. Right. I worry because I don't think I would be able to find Ms. Right at a bar or any other normal meeting place after I graduate college. But, of course, I soon realize that God has my life in control. He knows what is best for me. I simply need to place my trust in Him and things will work out.

So, maybe I won't find Ms. Right in college. Maybe I will. Whoever she is, she is out there, and some day when God thinks the time is right, we shall meet. Until then I will remain here waiting, sometimes worrying, but always knowing that things happen for a reason, and I will enjoy my life as God gives it to me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to be 100% just like you in regards to viewing females. I never dated in HS whatsoever for that reason. Now I've fallen away from that quite a bit...I'm definately more like the rest of society, something I used to pride myself by being different. I admire your strength to continue on this path through adversity and believe you will make a tremendous difference in Haiti. You only live once...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"
- Jim Elliot

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home